Adobe Central Output Server was a product line that was developed by Adobe Systems to help enterprises create professional looking output documents, in both printed and PDF formats.
The Adobe Central Output Server family included the following:
- Adobe Central Pro Output Server
- Adobe Output Designer (formerly JetForm Design)
- Adobe Output Manager
- Adobe Web Output Pak
- Output Pak for mySAP.com
The software began as JetForm by Canadian developer Indigo Software, which was established in 1982 and later became known as JetForm Corporation. JetForm became Accelio on September 17, 2001, and then was acquired by Adobe on April 15, 2002. Some of the original staff regrouped in Australia as Indigo Pacific, which developed electronic forms for sister product Adobe LiveCycle.
In February 2013, Adobe announced the end of life of the Adobe Central Output Server family of products, with Adobe LiveCycle Output ES4 as a recommended replacement. Support for these products ended on June 30, 2016. Many of the features from Adobe Central Output Server and Adobe LiveCycle were later migrated to Adobe Experience Manager Forms.
- JetForm-Design by Albert May, InfoWorld, p.64-65. 1989-06-26.
- Company Backgrounder, JetForm Corporation. Archived 2000-04-17.
- JetForm Becomes Accelio, Accelio Corporation. 2001-09-12. Archived 2001-09-25.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Accelio Corporation, Adobe Systems. 2002-04-15. Archived 2002-04-18.
- About Us, Indigo Pacific. Archived 2010-11-23.
- Adobe LiveCycle: Red Tape Slashed for SMBs with Government switch to Intelligent Forms, Adobe Magazine. Spring 2005.
- The Central Output Server family is scheduled to be discontinued on June 30, 2016., Adobe Systems. Archived 2003-02-16.
- Migration from Adobe Central to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Forms, 4Point. 2016-06-30.
- Adobe Central Output Server family at Adobe (archived 2009-12-27, 2013-02-16)
- Adobe Central Pro Output Server (archived 2002-12-01, 2003-08-01, 2006-05-09)
- Adobe Output Server at Adobe Community
- Adobe Central Pro Output Server and Adobe Web Output Customers: Migration Coming Soon by Jeff Stanier at Adobe LiveCycle Blog (2014-10-23)
- Adobe Central and Central Pro Output Server 5.7, SUSE Linux support extended to SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (64 bit)
- Adobe Central Pro Output Server Family at Indigo Pacific (archived 2009-09-13)
- Accelio official site (archived 2001-09-19, 2002-03-27)
- JetForm official site (archived 1996-11-07, 2001-06-28)
- JetForm at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|ES · ES2 (ES2.5) · ES3 · ES4|
|Central Output Server | LiveCycle Assembler | LiveCycle Designer | LiveCycle Document Security|
|LiveCycle PDF Generator | LiveCycle Policy Server | LiveCycle Workbench|
|Replaced by Adobe Experience Manager Forms in 2014|