- Not to be confused with Adobe Acrobat Exchange.
Macromedia Exchange was originally launched by Macromedia in April 2000 to supply object-based extensions to users of Macromedia Dreamweaver 3. Downloads were controlled through Macromedia Extension Manager which later added support for other Macromedia applications.
Macromedia was acquired by Adobe Systems in December 2005. The Exchange and Extension Manager were expanded to support Adobe's Creative Suite. Support for Adobe Extension Manager was phased out with Creative Cloud 2015 apps. Its functionality was built directly into the Adobe Creative Cloud app which interfaces directly with Adobe Exchange.
- Macromedia unites family of products with new extensions, Macromedia. 2000-10-25. Archived 2001-02-11.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- What Is a ZXP File? by Tim Fisher, Lifewire. 2019-09-22.
- Announcement: Extension Manager End of Life Notification, Adobe Partner Connection. 2015-05-22. Archived 2015-11-29.