GoLive was originally created by GoNet Communication, which became GoLive Systems. Adobe acquired GoLive in 1999 to replace its own struggling PageMill product. However, Adobe GoLive soon met fierce competition from Macromedia Dreamweaver. In April 2005, Adobe and Macromedia announced that the companies and their product lines would be merged.
After Adobe's acquisition was completed in December 2005, GoLive was replaced by Dreamweaver CS3 in Adobe Creative Suite 3. Development and sales of GoLive 9, the final version, ended on April 28, 2008. GoLive users were offered upgrades to Adobe Dreamweaver along with a GL2DW site migration extension and guide.
|Version||Code Name||Supported Platforms||Release Date|
|GoLive 1.0||Classic Mac OS||June 1996|
|GoLive 1.1 Pro||Classic Mac OS||August 1996|
|GoLive CyberStudio 1||Classic Mac OS||April 1997|
|GoLive CyberStudio 2||Classic Mac OS||September 1997|
|GoLive CyberStudio 3||Classic Mac OS||April 1998|
|Adobe GoLive 4||Classic Mac OS||January 1999|
|Adobe GoLive 4||Microsoft Windows||May 1999|
|Adobe GoLive 5||The Fifth Element||Classic Mac OS, Microsoft Windows||August 2000|
|Adobe GoLive 6||The 6th Day||Classic Mac OS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows||February 2002|
|Adobe GoLive CS (7)||Se7en||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows||October 2003|
|Adobe GoLive CS2 (8)||Reloaded||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows||April 2005|
|Adobe GoLive 9||Vicious||Universal Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows||June 2007|
- GoLive Systems, Inc. Changes Name and Announces New GoLive CyberStudio Web Site Authoring Tool for Macintosh, GoLive Systems. 1997-01-08. Archived 1998-01-27.
- Adobe Systems Acquires GoLive Systems, CyberStudio by Scott Clark, Internet News. 1999-01-11.
- Why Adobe Doesn’t Understand Web Designers by Joshua Johnson, Design Shack. 2011-08-08.
- Adobe merger to create digital giant by Benny Evangelista, San Francisco Chronicle. 2005-04-19.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- Adobe GoLive 9: Ending development and sales on April 28, 2008, Adobe Systems. Archived 2008-05-01.
- Adobe GoLive 9 at Adobe (archived 2008-05-01, 2007-06-10)
- Adobe GoLive 911 at Futura Studios
- Adobe GoLive & Web Design at GoLiveCentral
- Chronicles from the GoLive era at GoLiveHeaven
- GoLive at Graphical User Interface Gallery
- Adobe GoLive’s Point & Shoot by Matthias Müller-Prove at mProve (1999-12)
- GoLive Gets Interesting by Derrick Story at O'Reilly Web DevCenter (2002-04-26, archived 2008-07-05)
- Adobe GoLive Guide at Wikibooks
- Adobe GoLive at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|1 (Pro · Light · CyberStudio) · 2 · 3 | 4 · 5 · 6 · CS · CS2 · 9|
|Replaced by Adobe Dreamweaver in Creative Suite 3|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|