Adobe Persuasion, formerly Aldus Persuasion, was a presentation program that was marketed by Adobe Systems.
Aldus Persuasion 1.0 was originally created by Peter Polash at Aldus Corporation and was released in 1988 only for Macintosh. Persuasion 2.0 was released for Macintosh in 1989 and introduced the first Windows-compatible version in 1991. Aldus was acquired by Adobe Systems on August 31, 1994.
Aldus Persuasion 3.0 was released in March 1994 and was rebranded as Adobe Persuasion on May 8, 1995. Version 3.0.2 became available as part of a CD-ROM Bonus Pack which included both the Macintosh and Windows versions, along with Adobe Type Twister, clip art, stock photos, textures, video clips, and templates. Adobe Type On Call 4.0 was also bundled on a separate CD-ROM. A derivative technology called Adobe Web Presenter was released for beta testing on May 7, 1996.
- Adobe Persuasion 3.0, Personal Computer Museum. Accessed 2019-12-14.
- Aldus and Adobe Systems Finalize Merger, Computer History Museum. 1994-08-31.
- Adobe Systems Continues Product Line Rebranding, Adobe Systems. 1995-05-08. Archived 1996-10-26.
- New Adobe Persuasion™ CD-ROM Bonus Pack and Adobe Type On Call™ Free Font Bundle Delivers Exceptional Value, Adobe Systems. 1995-07-11. Archived 1996-10-27.
- Adobe Systems Demonstrates New Presentation Graphics Technology for the Internet, Adobe Systems. 1996-05-07. Archived 1996-10-27.
- Adobe Persuasion Version 4.0 for Macintosh And Windows Now Available, Adobe Systems. 1996-11-18. Archived 1996-11-21.
- Adobe Persuasion 4.0 has been discontinued, Adobe Systems. Archived 1998-02-04.
- Adobe Persuasion 4.0 coming soon/ now available at Adobe (archived 1996-10-27 / 1996-12-19)
- Adobe "Web Presenter" (archived 1996-10-27)
- Adobe Persuasion at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|1.0 · 2.0 · 3.0 | 4.0|
|Discontinued on September 1, 1997|