Adobe Photoshop CS3 (v.10, code named "Red Pill") is the version of the popular raster graphics editor included with Adobe Creative Suite 3. It was released by Adobe Systems in April 2007 for Macintosh and Windows systems.
- Native support for the Intel-based Macintosh platform and improved support for Windows Vista
- Revised user interface
- Feature additions to Adobe Camera RAW
- Quick Select tool
- Alterations to Curves, Vanishing Point, Channel Mixer, Brightness and Contrast, and the Print dialog
- Black-and-white conversion adjustment
- Auto Align and Auto Blend layers
- Smart (non-destructive) Filters
- Mobile device graphic optimization
- Improvements to cloning and healing
- More complete 32 bit / HDR support (layers, painting, more filters and adjustments)
- Faster launching
- ImageReady web export features built directly into Photoshop and no longer a separate application.
End of support
In July 2017, activation servers for CS3 applications were shut down. Registered users who wished to continue using Photoshop CS3 after that date could use their valid serial number to download a new installer from Adobe that could be activated without contacting a server. In December 2019, Adobe stopped providing CS3 downloads entirely.
The installer for CS3 does not function correctly in macOS 10.14 (Mojave), though it is still possible to install it through Terminal commands launched under safe mode, or installing it on an older version, such as macOS 10.12 Sierra, and then upgrading.
- "Adobe Photoshop CS3 System Requirements". (in en)
- CS3 Activation Server Retired by Jeff_Arola, Adobe Support Community. 2017-07-28.
- CS3, Acrobat 8 ~ Activation Servers Retired by Nancy_OShea, Adobe Support Community. 2017-07-26 / 2019-12-18.
- Photoshop CS3 Activation (CS3 is dead) by al52268624 / Nancy_OShea, Adobe Support Community. 2017-08-01 / 2020-01-01.
- Photoshop CS3 on Mojave installation fails [CS3 is dead & gone] by jd70566840, Adobe Support Community. 2018-12-07>
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 at Adobe (archived 2007-04-01, 2008-09-13)
- Compare Photoshop CS3 versions (archived 2007-04-07)
- Photoshop CS3 at the Photoshop Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Release history: 1 · 2 (2.5) · 3 · 4 · 5 (5.5) · 6 · 7 · CS · CS2 · CS3 (Extended) · CS4 (Extended) · CS5 (Extended) · CS6 (Extended) · CC|
|Photoshop Express | |
|Photoshop Fix | Photoshop Mix | Photoshop on iPad | Photoshop Sketch | |