Adobe Photoshop CS5 (v.12, code named "White Rabbit") is the version of Photoshop included with Adobe Creative Suite 5. It was released by Adobe Systems on April 30, 2010 for Macintosh and Windows systems.
- Content Aware Fill
- Puppet Warp Tool
- 64 bit for Mac OS X
- Bristle Tips
- Mixer Brush
- Automatic Lens Correction
- Easier HDR toning for beginners
- Improved selection and masking controls
- Camera RAW grain control
- New Blend modes: Subtract and Divide
- GPU HUD controls for brush resize, color picker, color sampling
- Improved Ray Tracing quality and speed (Extended)
- Repousse 3D extrusion tool (Extended)
- Image based lights (Extended)
Photoshop CS5 added a "Use Legacy Channel Shortcuts" option to revert some of the keyboard changes introduced in Photoshop CS4.
Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (v.12.1) was included with Creative Suite 5.5. New features include:
Photoshop CS5.1 is the last release to support Windows Vista SP1, SP2, Windows 7 RTM and Mac OS X Leopard on Intel-based Macs.
- ↑ “Use Legacy Shortcuts” option in CS5 by John Nack, Adobe Blogs. 2010-05-02.
- ↑ Compare Versions: The Differences between Adobe CS5 and CS5.5, Pro Design Tools. 2011-04-11.
- ↑ Photoshop: What is the difference between Photoshop CS5 and the version of Photoshop that comes with Creative Suite 5.5?, Community powered support for Photoshop Family. 2011-04-11.