The Adobe Support Lifecycle Policy defines technical support periods for products and services from Adobe Inc., which is especially pertinent for software purchased through a one-time payment for a perpetual license.
Core enterprise maintenance and support programs
Adobe's existing support programs typically provide from 3 to 5 years of core technical support services from the general availability date of a product, starting with the release of a major ".0" (or ".5") product version, referred to as a "base" or "root" release. Support for all derivatives (additional operating systems, languages, etc.) of a root release is terminated with the end of support for the root release. This includes minor dot and double-dot updates and included support products.
Extended maintenance and support
Extended support provides an additional two years of technical support services after the core support period has ended. The extended support period is intended to provide additional time for migration to newer software technology.
Self-service legacy support
Users can obtain continued assistance for legacy products through online self-help, documentation, and forums. However, Adobe reserves the right to retire such services a year after all other support periods have ended at their discretion. For example, special downloadable installers of Adobe Creative Suite 2 and 3 were made available to registered users after Adobe's activation servers were retired in 2012 and 2017, respectively. The installers themselves were finally taken down completely in 2019.
- Looking to activate Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, or Macromedia products? by Jeff A. Wright, Adobe Community. 2012-12-13. Archived 2013-01-10.
- CS3 Activation Server Retired by Jeff_Arola, Adobe Support Community. 2017-07-28.
- How do I activate CS2? (CS2 is dead) by RandomDave, Adobe Support Community. 2019-05-31.
- CS3, Acrobat 8 ~ Activation Servers Retired by Nancy_OShea, Adobe Support Community. 2017-07-26 / 2019-12-18.
- Photoshop CS3 Activation (CS3 is dead) by al52268624 / Nancy_OShea, Adobe Support Community. 2017-08-01 / 2020-01-01.