Product history[edit | edit source]
- Version 1.0 was released in October 1989 for Macintosh and in June 1990 for Windows
- Version 1.15 was released in 1991 for Windows.
- Version 1.2 was released in late 1989 for Macintosh.
- Version 2.0 was released in November 1991.
- Version 2.0.2 was released in 1992.
- Version 2.5 was released in January 1993
- Version 3.0 was released in 1994 for Windows.
- Version 3.6 was released in 1993 for Macintosh and was bundled with Adobe Photoshop 2.5.
- Version 3.7 was released in 1994.
- Version 3.8 was released in late 1994 and added support for PowerPC processors.
- Version 4.0 was released in 1996 for Windows and May 1997 for Macintosh.
- Version 4.1 was released in July 2000, the last version for Windows.
- Version 4.5 was released in 1999 for Macintosh.
- Version 4.6 was released in 2000 for Macintosh and added OpenType support.
- Version 4.6.1 was released in 2001 for Macintosh and added Japanese support.
- Version 4.6.2 was released in 2002 for Macintosh and addressed issues running in Classic mode.
Mac OS X and Windows Vista have since added native support for PostScript fonts, rendering it mostly obsolete by the time the Deluxe edition was discontinued in May 2005. Technical support ended on December 31, 2005. A free "Light" edition remained available and added OpenType support in version 4.6.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Adobe Type Manager at Adobe
- Old Adobe Software Features: Type Manager at EMS Professional Software
- Adobe Type Manager at PrintWiki
- Adobe Type Manager at WinWorld
- Adobe Type Manager at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|