|Adobe Version Cue|
Adobe Version Cue CS
|Initial release:||CS / October 27, 2003 |
|Latest release||CS4 / October 2008|
|OS||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|Website||Adobe Version Cue|
Adobe Version Cue program that is meant to enable users to easily track and manipulate file metadata; is information about the history of computer files, such as the fact that one file is a new version of a related older file. Version Cue also automates the process of collaboratively reviewing documents among groups of people.
Version Cue Server is one of the components of the larger suite of tools in Adobe Bridge. The server software uses Java to run the synchronization server and JavaFaces to create a web-based admin portal. The portal reveals that running an instance of the Version Cue server also launches an embedded instance of the MySQL database server. This will not interfere with any existing MySQL installations.
- Adobe Version Cue CS was released on October 27, 2003 with Creative Suite 1.
- Adobe Version Cue CS2 was released on April 27, 2005 with Creative Suite 2.
- Adobe Version Cue CS3 was released on April 16, 2007 with Creative Suite 3.
- Adobe Version Cue CS4 was released in September 2008 with Creative Suite 4 as an optional installation.
Version Cue was discontinued from Adobe Creative Suite 5, but a migration path from CS4 was possible through the use of Adobe Drive 2 with Bridge CS5. However, Adobe Drive itself was phased out by December 2017. Adobe recommended that Drive users migrate to Adobe Experience Manager's desktop app.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 All-New Adobe Creative Suite Now Shipping, Adobe Systems. 2003-10-27. Archived 2003-10-28.
- ↑ Adobe Creative Suite 2 Now Shipping, Adobe Systems. 2005-04-27. Archived 2005-04-27.
- ↑ Adobe Ships Creative Suite 3, Adobe Systems. 2007-04-16. Archived 2007-04-29.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Version Cue Lives in CS5 (in Beta)! by Steve Werner, InDesignSecrets. 2010-09-07
- ↑ Version Cue lives! in Creative Suite 5 by James Lockman, James Lockman's Blog. 2010-09-07.
- ↑ Adobe Drive End of Life FAQ, Adobe Systems. 2018-08-17.
- Adobe Version Cue (CS) at Adobe (archived 2003-12-03])
- Review: Version Cue CS3 at Macworld (2007-05-17)
- Adobe Systems Version Cue CS4 at PC World (2008-10-09)
- Profile: Version Cue CS4 at Macworld (2009-02-16)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Adobe Version Cue|
|CS · CS2 · CS3 · CS4 | Server|