Allaire was founded by Jeremy Allaire and Joseph J. Allaire in Minnesota, and was later headquartered in Cambridge, then Newton, Massachusetts. Allaire first released Cold Fusion 1.0 in 1995. In March 1997, Allaire acquired HomeSite, which became the foundation of ColdFusion Studio, an integrated development environment for the ColdFusion platform. On June 15, 1999, Allaire announced the acquisition of Live Software, the developer of JRun.
Macromedia absorbed Allaire Corporation through a merger that was completed on March 20, 2001. Jeremy Allaire became Chief Technology Officer of Macromedia from 2001 to 2003, and remained involved with the company as founder emeritus. Macromedia itself was acquired by Adobe Systems in December 2005.
- Allaire Corp Form '10-K405' for 12/31/1998, SEC Info. 1998-12-31.
- Born to Code, Part II by Nick Bradbury, TypePad. 2006-04-13.
- Allaire Announces Acquisition of Live Software, Allaire Corporation. 1999-06-15.
- Macromedia Completes Merger With Allaire, Macromedia. 2001-03-20. Archived 2001-03-30.
- Speakers, Macromedia Web World. Archived 2003-08-06.
- Executive Bios: Jeremy Allaire, Macromedia. Archived 2003-10-03.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- HomeSite development ended, Adobe Systems. 2009-05-26.