Kawa was created by Tek-Tools and complemented Allaire's JRun Java application server. On November 6, 2000, Allaire announced that it had acquired Kawa and its development team from Tek-Tools for US$9 million.
After Allaire itself had been absorbed by Macromedia in a merger in March 2001, Macromedia briefly continued to support Kawa Professional and Enterprise editions, but discontinued sales by October 31, 2001.
- ↑ Allaire Corporation acquires Kawa IDE by XML Guy, The Server Side. 2000-11-13.
- ↑ Macromedia Completes Merger With Allaire, Macromedia. 2001-03-20. Archived 2001-03-30.
- ↑ Macromedia Kawa update, Macromedia. Archived 2001-08-11.
- ↑ Effective October 31, 2001 Macromedia will discontinue the sale and future development of Kawa., Macromedia. Archived 2001-11-16.
- Kawa 2.11/ 3.22/ 4.1 at Tek-Tools (archived 1997-06-02 / 1999-05-08 / 2000-10-18)
- Allaire Kawa 5.0 at Allaire (archived 2001-01-27)
- Macromedia Kawa - Free Trial at Macromedia (archived 2001-08-11)
- Introduction to Kawa by Carol E. Wolf at Pace University
- Kawa IDE at Wiki.org
- Allaire Kawa at the Macromedia Wiki