Release history[edit | edit source]
- Version 1.0 - released in 1999. Awarded Best of Show by Internet World Australia.
- Version 1.0.1 - released in 2000, but initially contained a security vulnerability.
- Version 1.5 - the last version released by Allaire before their merger into Macromedia in March 2001.
- Version 1.5.1 - a performance and quality update, the last release to support Macromedia ColdFusion 5.
- Version 1.5.2 - updated to support Macromedia ColdFusion MX and MX 6.1, released through a community source license.
Open-source release[edit | edit source]
- Version 1.5.3 was the final release by Macromedia as open-source software in October 2003. Support for existing customers of version 1.5.x continued until December 31, 2003.
References[edit | edit source]
- Allaire fixes Spectra administrative interface security issue by Jesse Noller, SecuriTeam. 2000-09-01.
- Macromedia Completes Merger With Allaire, Macromedia. 2001-03-20. Archived 2001-03-30.
- Spectra Open-source Release Announcement by The Macromedia Spectra Team, Macromedia. 2003-10-29. Archived 2004-02-14.
[edit | edit source]
- Allaire Spectra at Allaire (archived 1999-11-28)
- Allaire Spectra 1.5 (archived 2001-12-28)
- Macromedia Spectra at Macromedia (archived 2002-01-24, 2003-12-04)
- Macromedia Spectra Community Source Project (archived 2001-09-26)
- Macromedia Spectra Version 1.5.3 (Open Source) Release Notes (archived 2007-08-28)
- Allaire Spectra at the Macromedia Wiki
Books[edit | edit source]
- Allaire Spectra E-Business Construction Kit by Ben Forta, Que. 2000-05-30. ISBN: 0789723654.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.