Alpha version, or simply "alpha", is used to identify software that is undergoing very early pre-release testing in its development cycle, typically under tight control by the developer or trusted associates. The software may be functional, but the feature set may still be unpolished and undergoing experimentation before being frozen for the beta testing stage.
References[edit | edit source]
- What is the difference between an alpha and a beta release? by Chafic, Stack Exchange. 2014-05-29.
[edit | edit source]
- Alpha testing at the Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing
- Alpha Software at the Tech Terms Computer Dictionary
- Alpha software at the Apple Wiki
- Alpha software at the Macromedia Wiki
- Software release life cycle: Alpha at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|