The standard data rate of a video DVD is 1,353 KB per second, about nine times that of a standard CD at 1x speed. DVDs can also be double-layered and/or double-sided to further increase capacity.
|Designation||Sides||Layers (total)||Diameter (cm)||Capacity (GB)|
|DVD-3||DS SL||2||2 (1+1)||8||2.92|
|DVD-4||DS DL||2||4 (2+2)||8||5.31|
|DVD-10||DS SL||2||2 (1+1)||12||9.40|
|DVD-14||DS SL+DL||2||3 (2+1)||12||13.24|
|DVD-18||DS DL||2||4 (2+2)||12||17.08|
Adobe entered the DVD authoring market in 2003 with the release of Adobe Encore. DVD-ROM was the default method of installing Adobe Creative Suite 3 through 6. Applications from Adobe Creative Cloud are downloaded directly by subscribers instead of through physical installation methods.
- DVD Book A: Physical parameters. Mpeg.org. Retrieved on 2009-08-22.
- AVOS Companies – OSFAL Group. Archived from the original on May 28, 2008.
- Taylor, Jim. DVD Demystifed FAQ. Dvddemystified.com. Archived from the original on August 22, 2009. Retrieved on 2009-08-22.
- DVD-14. AfterDawn Ltd.. Retrieved on 2007-02-06.
- System requirements | Master Collection, Adobe Systems. 2016-12-01.
- Confused About the Adobe Creative Cloud? Maybe This Will Help by Nicole S. Young, Photofocus. 2015-05-12.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|