History[edit | edit source]
After its acquisition of Fauve in August 30, 1995, Macromedia briefly continued to market Matisse and xRes 1 from Fauve's existing product line. The features of Matisse's painting and layer features were combined with the xRes high-resolution image editing engine into Macromedia xRes 2. Macromedia itself was acquired by Adobe Systems in December 2005.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Alumni Achievers: Richard Krueger (M.S. 1989) by Anna Rzewnicki, NC State University Computer Science. 2004-07.
- Macromedia buys Fauve, Computer World, page 41. 1995-09-25.
- Macromedia launches enchanced Matisse as xRes, insistes that it adds value to Adobe Photoshop, Computer Business Review. Archived 1996-02-06.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- Fauve Matisse by Paolo Limoncelli, Daub. 2018-05-08.
[edit | edit source]
- Fauve Software at IT History Society
- Fauve Software at the Macromedia Wiki
- Fauve Software at Wikipedia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|