Frame Technology Corporation was the original developer of the FrameMaker document processor.
History[edit | edit source]
Based in San Jose, California, Frame Technology was founded by Charles Corfield, David Murray, Steve Kirsch, and Vickie Blakeslee as a privately-held company on April 7, 1986. Corfield originally started work on what became FrameMaker while in need of better software tools to write his dissertation. In 1993, Frame Technology acquired pioneering document processing company Datalogics.
References[edit | edit source]
- FrameMaker for Windows by James Karney, PC Magazine p.182. 1994-05-17.
- About the founders of Frame Technology by Docu + Design Daube, Zürich. 2019-10-08. Accessed 2019-12-08.
- Frame Technology Corporation, BusinessWiki. Accessed 2019-12-08.
- Datalogics, Adobe Exchange Program. Accessed 2019-12-08.
- Adobe buys out rival Frame by Pardhu Vadlamudi, Info World p.20. 1995-06-26.
- FrameMaker 5 reworks online publishing by Mike Heck, InfoWorld p.96. 1996-06-29.
[edit | edit source]
- Frame Technology at Crunchbase
- Frame Technology at PitchBook
- FrameMaker history at Docu + Design Daube, Zürich
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|