James R. Von Ehr II (born June 2, 1950) is an American programmer and entrepreneur who co-founded Altsys in Richardson, Texas in December 1984. He served as its chairman and CEO until the company was acquired by Macromedia in January 1995.
Altsys became the Digital Arts Group of Macromedia and Von Ehr remained as group vice president and general manager until 1997. He became a major shareholder of Macromedia and was a board member until 1998.
- James Von Ehr at Science History Institute
- James Von Ehr at the Macromedia Wiki
- James R. Von Ehr II at Wikipedia
- Spartan Profiles: James R. Von Ehr, II by Robert Bao at Michigan State University (2004)
- Nanotechnology Pioneer James Von Ehr To Chair Development Board at U. T. Dallas at the University of Texas at Dallas (2005-11-18)