Lynch graduated from Lincoln-Way Central High School in New Lenox, Illinois. He attended the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Engineering as an undergraduate student, where he studied computer science and interactive computer graphics and worked in the UIC College of Engineering’s Electronic Visualization Laboratory. In 2017, Lynch was awarded an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree by UIC for his work in software development.
Lynch first joined Macromedia in 1996. He then co-founded teleconferencing software company Presedia with Keith Kitani in 1999. After Presedia was acquired by Macromedia in January 2003, Lynch became executive vice president and Chief Software Architect of Macromedia.
After Adobe acquired Macromedia in December 2005, Lynch became Chief Technology Officer of Adobe on February 5, 2008. In 2010, Lynch entered into a highly-publicized disagreement with Apple CEO Steve Jobs over the merits of Flash on mobile devices. Lynch even co-starred in a parody video in which he participated in the destruction of an Apple iPhone. Ironically, Jobs attempted to secretly recruit Lynch in the process. Lynch left Adobe on March 22, 2013 without a successor to the CTO position.
In May 2013, Lynch joined Apple, where he led development on the Apple Watch as Vice President of Technology. In 2021, Lynch had reportedly been transferred to work on Apple's electric car project.
- Kevin Lynch, Adobe Chief Technology Officer, To Join Apple by Poornima Gupta, Reuters, Huffington Post. 2013-05-20.
- UIC Engineering (2018-04-24). Apple’s VP of Technology Receives Honorary Doctor of Engineering Degree. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-05-08.
- Kevin M. Lynch Receives Honorary Doctor of Engineering – UIC College of Engineering (en-US) (2017-05-18).[DEAD LINK]
- Kevin Lynch, Macromedia. Archived 2003-10-05.
- Macromedia buys Presedia by Dennis Sellers, Macworld. 2003-01-17.
- About Presidia, Presidia. Archived 2001-02-20.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- Adobe Names Kevin Lynch Chief Technology Officer, Macromedia. 2008-02-05.
- Kevin Lynch says Steve Jobs tried recruiting him to Apple after Flash debate by Zac Hall, 9to5Mac. 2015-12-28.
- Apple Watch lead Kevin Lynch reportedly transferred to 'Apple Car' team by Wesley Hilliard, AppleInsider. 2021-07-16.
- Kevin Lynch personal homepage
- Kevin Lynch at Adobe (archived 2013-03-18)
- Kevin Lynch at LinkedIn
- Kevin Lynch at Macromedia (archived 2005-11-02)
- Kevin Lynch at Twitter
- Kevin Lynch at the Apple Wiki
- Kevin Lynch at the Macromedia Wiki
- Kevin Lynch (computing) at Wikipedia
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|