Macromedia Authorware 2 is the second major version of Authorware, released in 1993. It was the first cross-platform version released simultaneously for Macintosh and Windows. It was also the first version to be released after the merger of Authorware Inc. with MacroMind-Paracomp in 1992, forming Macromedia.
- Macromedia Authorware Professional 2.0, for commercial use.
- Macromedia Authorware Academic, a non-commercial release of Authorware Star 2.2 for the education market.
- ↑ An Overview of Authorware 7 — and Its Evolution by Joseph Ganci, The eLearning Developer's Journal, p.3-4. 2003-09-22.
- ↑ Learning Authorware 2 : an introduction to interactive multimedia with Authorware Professional (Windows or Macintosh) by P. Newhouse and R. Oliver, Napier. 1994. ISBN: 1863830243.
- ↑ A Multimedia Authoring System for Crafting Topic Hierarchy, Learning Strategies, and Intelligent Models (PDF) by Wing-Kwong Wong and Tak-Wai Chan, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education (1997), 8, p.72-77.
- ↑ Authorware Academic: Windows Version by Macromedia Inc., Amazon UK. 1994-10-01.
- ↑ Authorware Academic Macintosh by Macromedia Inc., Amazon. 1994-10-01.