After iBand was acquired by Macromedia, Backstage Designer Plus was bundled with Macromedia PowerApplets and released as part of version 1.0 of Macromedia Backstage Desktop Studio and Enterprise Studio, which shipped on April 29 and July 1, 1996, respectively.
- Macromedia goes Backstage, CNET. 1996-03-13.
- Macromedia to pay $32M shares for web software firm iBand, Computer Business Review. 1996-03-19.
- Macromedia launches Backstage web development line, Computer Business Review. 1996-06-27.
- Macromedia Ships Backstage Products, Powerful Tools for Building Dynamic Web Sites, Macromedia. 1996-04-29. Archived 1999-09-10.
- Macromedia Ships Backstage Enterprise Studio, Powerful Tools for Building Database-Driven Web Sites, Macromedia. 1996-07-01. Archived 1999-08-19.
- Desktop apps get more Web tools by Pardhu Vadlamudi at Info World. 1996-12-16.
- Why Adobe Doesn’t Understand Web Designers by Joshua Johnson, Design Shack. 2011-08-08.
- Backstage Designer Plus by Dennis Hamilton, Web Publishing: Professional Reference Edition, ch.13. (1997)
- Macromedia Backstage Designer Plus at the Macromedia Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|