Macromedia Drumbeat 2000 was a web development environment that allowed users to build data-driven web applications through a visual drag-and-drop interface.
Product history[edit | edit source]
Acquisition and discontinuation[edit | edit source]
On July 6, 1999, Elemental entered into an agreement to be acquired by Macromedia within 45 days in exchange for 625,000 shares of Macromedia stock worth approximately US$24 million. Macromedia bundled Drumbeat 2000 with eStore Builder in an eCommerce Edition that was released on September 1, 1999.
References[edit | edit source]
- Elemental Software Ships Drumbeat 2000, Information Today vol.16, no.3. 1999-03.
- Elemental Software ships Drumbeat 2.0, MacTech. 1998-06-02.
- HP Bundles Elemental Software's Drumbeat 2.0 With Netserver Line, Enterprise Systems Journal vol.16, no.3. 1998-07-15.
- E-Commerce, No Coding by Gary Gunnerson, PC Magazine. 1999-07.
- Macromedia - Drumbeat FAQ, Information Today vol.16, no.3. 1999-03.
- Macromedia buys Elemental Software, CNET. 2002-01-02.
- Drumbeat 2000 rolls out e-commerce capability in a hurry by Steve Graves, Government Computer News. 2000-05-10.
- Macromedia ships Drumbeat 2000, Macromedia. 1999-09-01. Archived 1999-11-27.
- Macromedia introduces Dreamweaver UltraDev, Macromedia. 2000-05-08. Archived 2000-06-19.
[edit | edit source]
- Macromedia Drumbeat 2000 at Macromedia (archived 1999-10-09, 2000-08-15)
- Drumbeat/ 2000 at Elemental Software (archived 1998-12-02 / 1999-09-22)
- Macromedia Drumbeat 2000 at the Macromedia Wiki
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Drumbeat 2000 & eStore Builder by Jeffrey Allan at Cyber Aspect (archived 2000-10-28)
- Drumbeat users beaten as Macromedia discontinues product and tech support by Ed Foster at InfoWorld (2000-05-22)
- The Drumbeat 2000 & Macromedia Saga by Rick Curtis at Princeton University (2000)
- Elemental Software Pounds Out Another Edition of Drumbeat by Scott R. Garrigus at Web Review (1999-03-19)
- Drumbeat adds polish by James R. Borck at InfoWorld (1999-02-08)
- A Review of Drumbeat - a product by Elemental Software by Steven Wynkoop at Database Journal (1998-09-01)
- Creating Dynamic Web Pages with Drumbeat by Wes Thomas at Web Review (1998-02-27)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|