Macromedia Extension Manager 1.x was a utility that was developed by Macromedia to manage extensions for its software applications.
Product history[edit | edit source]
Extension Manager 1.0 originally supported extensions for Macromedia Dreamweaver 3 that were downloaded through Macromedia Exchange, which was launched in April 2000. Files to be installed were prepared as Macromedia Extension Installation (.mxi) files packaged into a Macromedia Extension Package (.mxp).
- Extension Manager 1.1 added support for Dreamweaver UltraDev 1.
- Extension Manager 1.2 added support for Flash 5.
- Extension Manager 1.3 fixed a bug that could allow an installed extension to damage menus.
- Extension Manager 1.4 added support for Flash MX and Mac OS X.
- Extension Manager MX (1.5) supported apps from Macromedia Studio MX.
- Extension Manager MX 2004 (1.6) supported apps from Macromedia Studio MX 2004.
- Extension Manager 8 (1.7) supported apps from Macromedia Studio 8.
Macromedia was acquired by Adobe Systems in December 2005. The utility was renamed Adobe Extension Manager and its functionality was expanded to support Creative Suite applications. The .mxp package format was superseded by Adobe Zip Format Extension Package (.zxp) in CS5.5.
References[edit | edit source]
- Macromedia unites family of products with new extensions, Macromedia. 2000-10-25. Archived 2001-02-11.
- Installing Extensions and Components by James English, Macromedia Flash 8: Training from the Source. 2004.
- Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia, Adobe Systems. 2005-12-05. Archived 2005-12-07.
- What Is a ZXP File? by Tim Fisher, Lifewire. 2019-09-22.
[edit | edit source]
- Macromedia Extension Manager release notes at Macromedia (Archived 2006-04-15)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1.6 release notes (archived 2003-09-19)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1.5 release notes (archived 2002-08-11)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1.4 release notes (archived 2002-03-21)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1.3 release notes (archived 2002-01-24)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1.2 release notes (archived 2001-01-24)
- Macromedia Exchange for Dreamweaver (archived 2000-05-10, 2000-08-15)
- Downloading and installing extensions with the Extension Manager at Adobe (2016-01-22)
- Macromedia Extension Manager 1 at the Macromedia Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Adobe Extension Manager|
|CS3 · CS4 · CS5 (CS5.5) · CS6 · CC|
|Macromedia Extension Manager: 1.0 (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3 · 1.4) · MX · MX 2004 · 8|