Macromedia FreeHand 5 is the fifth major version of FreeHand, and the first to be released by Macromedia in January 1994 under a licensing agreement with Altsys. It was also bundled as part of Macromedia Graphic Design Studio, one of the first software suites from Macromedia.
Version 5.5[edit | edit source]
FreeHand 5.5 was released for Power Macintosh on September 25, 1995 and added support for Photoshop plug-ins, importing PDF files and creating object-based PICT images. Other new features included Crop, Extract, and auto-expanding text containers with support for inline graphics in text. It was also bundled as part of FreeHand Graphics Studio.
References[edit | edit source]
- Macromedia Announces FreeHand 5.0 For The Power Macintosh And Macintosh, Macromedia. 1994-01-04. Archived 1999-09-09.
- Macromedia Shipping the Graphic Design Studio for Windows and Macintosh, Macromedia. 1995-03-27. Archived 1999-09-09.
- Macromedia Announces Agreement to Acquire FreeHand Developer Altsys, Macromedia. 1994-10-26. Archived 1999-09-09.
- Macromedia Completes Altsys Acquisition, Macromedia. 1995-01-23. Archived 1999-09-10.
- New FreeHand 5.5 For Macintosh Increases Performance Lead Over Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia. 1995-09-25. Archived 1999-09-09.
[edit | edit source]
- FreeHand Designers Center support at Macromedia (archived 1997-03-29)
- Macromedia FreeHand 5 at the Macromedia Wiki
Articles[edit | edit source]
- Design 101 – Creating FreeHand’s Software Identity by Michael Scaramozzino, DreamLight. 1995-05.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 | 5 (5.5) · |
|Discontinued in May 2007|