Macromedia xRes 2 is the second major version of the xRes image editing application and the first major new version to be released by Macromedia after its acquisition of Fauve Software on August 30, 1995. xRes 2 was also bundled with Macromedia Director Multimedia Studio and Macromedia FreeHand Graphics Studio.
Macromedia offered a competitive upgrade to Adobe Photoshop users and claimed that a Photoshop user would be able to learn how to use xRes 2 in about 15 minutes. However, Macromedia also insisted that xRes was a complimentary product that could be used together with Photoshop.
- Macromedia Ships xRes 2.0 for the Macintosh, Macromedia. 1996-02-13. Archived 1999-08-19.
- Macromedia Announces Agreement to Acquire Fauve Software, Developer of xRes and Matisse, Macromedia. 1995-08-30. Archived 1999-09-09.
- Macromedia launches enchanced Matisse as xRes, insistes that it adds value to Adobe Photoshop, Computer Business Review. Archived 1996-02-06.
- Macromedia Ships xRes version 2 for Windows, Macromedia. 1996-05-22. Archived 1999-08-19.
- Authorware Interactive Studio, Macromedia. Archived 1997-03-29.
- HTML 3.2: Achieving Higher Standards — Backstage Designer Plus, PC Magazine, p.120-130. 1996-09-10.
- xRes 2 at Macromedia (archived 1996-10-27)
- xRes TechNotes (archived 1996-10-27)
- xRes 2 at Southwest Cyperport (1996-10-24, archived 2001-07-21)
- Photoshop finds a companion in xRes at Design Week (1996-02-23)
- Macromedia xRes 2 at the Macromedia Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Matisse | xRes 1 · 2 (SE) · 3|
|Replaced by Macromedia Fireworks in 1998|