Small Batch was founded in San Francisco, California in 2008 by the designers of Google Analytics. Small Batch's Typekit subscription service was launched in November 2009. At the time, the company was operating out of a small office space on the third floor of a former morgue in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Small Batch's other project, Wikirank, was acquired by Brizzly on March 10, 2010. The remaining company renamed itself to TypeKit in February 2011, and was acquired by Adobe Systems in October 2011. Adobe Typekit was rebranded as Adobe Fonts on October 15, 2018.
- Adobe Acquires Web Typography Innovator Typekit, Adobe Systems. 2011-10-03. Archived 2011-10-05.
- Typekit Offers a New Approach to Fonts on the Web by Josh Catone, Mashable. 2009-05-28.
- Wikirank acquired by Brizzly, Small Batch. 2010-03-10. Archived 2010-03-13.
- TypeKit launches, hopes to save typography on the Web by Ivan Beres, TechCrunch. 2009-11-11.
- Typekit’s new digs by Jeff Veen], Typekit Blog. 2010-12-23.
- Time for a change: Typekit has become Adobe Fonts, Adobe Typekit Blog. 2018-10-15.
- Adobe Typekit Blog
- TypeKit official site (archived 2011-02-08, 2011-10-01)
- TypeKit by Small Batch, Inc. (archived 2009-11-15)
- Small Batch, Inc. official site (archived 2008-09-13)
- Wikirank (archived 2009-03-27)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|