Examples of version renumbering
Adobe had previously used "marketing" numbers (such as CS3) to provide a unified alternative to disparate version numbers among various applications within their Creative Suite series. Adobe Creative Cloud has since largely adopted dates ("calendar versioning") for version tracking.
- Adobe ColdFusion: History (how to do it right: keep it reasonably linear)
- RoboHelp: Version renumbering (how to do it wrong: recursive numbering)
- Premiere Elements: Product history (marketing logic: skipping numbers for bundling consistency)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (still trying to figure this out)
- What's In a Version Number, Anyway? at Coding Horror (2007-02-15)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|